Thursday 28 January 2010

Boxes Boxes Everywhere!

My lack of blogging over the past week or so if for no other reason than I have done absolutely nothing that is blog worthy.

The weekend saw boxes, tape, newspaper and various other packing materials fill the house and, in a military style operation, me and The Other Half spent 48 hours wrapping, stuffing, shoving, and squeezing what seemed like everything we own in to these boxes…..



There doesn't seem to be many of them but they took long enough to pack, i'm lucky that I managed to ship most of my crafting "stash" up to my parents over Christmas .


I managed to sort these…


…which are full of clothes, shoes, bags, etc that either no longer fit me or I just can’t justify paying to ship over to France. They will be dispersed between family, friends and charity shops.


One of the reasons that we are making the move is to live a simpler and not so “thing” orientated life. We have sorted out about 5 outfits each to wear between now and the move and the rest of our things will (hopefully) be packed away and ready to send over by the end of this weekend.


My house looks very bear and empty now, not very homely at all, but I’m hoping that by being organised (for the first time in my life) now, it will save some of the stress and hassle when we actually get to “moving day”!



Fingers crossed I will get over to a wonderful antique centre on Saturday, the house we are going to in France is very large and totally unfurnished so I need to get a lot of LARGE furniture to make it look full!


Oh I did manage to get a sofa (will make sense if you read my last post), where from I hear you ask…… yup, Ebay come through for me again. I got this 9’ hardly used beauty for all of £92.00 – don’t you just love a bargain!



Sorry for the mundane post, I haven’t even picked up a needle or been near a bead this week – I will try to do something more exciting next week!

Love

Sarah

x x x

2 comments:

  1. best wishes on the move. Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! and how brave! I would love to do this....move and live a simpler life...maybe when the kids have grown and I'm not so reliant on my 'stuff'! xxx

    ReplyDelete